Motorola Atrix 2 has been always being praised by it’s users for the amazing battery life, it’s fast processor, large screen and an amazing camera. Atrix 2 users can now root their devices with the procedure being written by us today, but remember rooting generally voids the warranty of the smartphone but it can be retained by unrooting or installing the stock ROM again. Thanks to the dev’s at XDA who have made this rooting process possible for the Atrix 2 smartphone. There are 2 procedures for rooting the smartphone but we’re covering the easy one so that you don’t fell in any problems with the same.
Disclaimer (Android Quark)
The Update process listed here on Android Quark has been written by our writers and the procedure has been grabbed from development forums such as XDA, CM and others. We take no responsibility if your device gets bricked upon the installation of the ROM. Bricking of the device is a very unlike event if you will follow the mentioned steps carefully. Read all the pre-requisites and the procedure to flash the ROM.
Before Rooting Motorola Atrix 2 Android Phone
- The Steps listed here are for the Motorola Atrix 2.
- Make a backup of your ROM with Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Backup all of your SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, APN Settings, and necessary applications (using Astro File Manger).
- Make sure that your device is fully charged.
- Uninstall Kies from your Computer and disable you antivirus because they can clutter in between the process of flashing.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device, To Enable Go To Settings >> Applications >> Development and check whether USB Debugging is checked or not.
- Device drivers should be installed on your computer.
How To Root Motorola Atrix 2 Mobile Phone
- Download the rooting package to your computer from –> here.
- Extract the contents of the folder using some tool such as Winzip or winrar.
- Now, connect your mobile phone to your PC using the data cable provided by the manufacturer. Select connection type as “Charge Only” when asked for.
- From the extracted files, do check for the file “runme.bat” and double click on the same, this will start the command prompt which will automatically start the process of rooting on your device and within seconds your device will be rooted. After the rooting process is complete, your device will automatically restart.
That’s it. You’ve successfully rooted Motorola Atrix 2 Android Smartphone.