Amazon Kindle Fire is an simply awesome device the Kindle fire aka the ebook reader is an amazing device that makes ebook reading very simple. Whenever I purchase an Android device, just after purchasing I myself look for a working rooting tutorial to root my device. Rooting enables the root access and removes all restrictions, overclocking becomes possible and you can enjoy root only applications on your device.
The latest update 6.3 which came out some time back has been rooted as well. You can now root your device using the process covered by us. Special, thanks to the developers who make these things possible.
Disclaimer (Android Quark)
All Updates and Rooting Processes listed on AndroidQuark.com are written by our writers and we haven’t tried the same on our devices. Chances are there for your device getting bricked upon flashing of the ROM which is an very unlike event if you follow the process listed, in the correct way. Proceed at your own risk.
- The Steps listed here are for the Original Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Make a backup of your ROM with Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Backup all of your SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, APN Settings, and necessary applications (using Astro File Manger).
- Make sure that your device is fully charged.
- Uninstall Kies from your Computer and disable you antivirus because they can clutter in between the process of flashing.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device, To Enable Go To Settings >> Applications >> Development and check whether USB Debugging is checked or not.
How To Root Amazon Kindle 6.3
- Download TWRP | SU | and fbmod file.
- Download all these files from the respective developer threads.
- Now, move all the files to the platform tools folder in your computer.
- Extract the fbmod file contents to the platform folder.
- Now, start command prompt.
- On the command prompt terminal enter the following commands
adb push fbmode /data/local/fbmode
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/fbmode
adb shell /data/local/fbmode
- Now, Your device will be stuck at the Kindle fire screen. Don’t worry about that because it’s on the fastboot mode.
- Now, enter the following command to push the TWRP Image to your Kindle Fire.
fastboot -i 0×1949 boot twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img
- Now, your device will boot into TWRP Recovery. You can operate the recovery using the touch interface.
- Enter the following commands in the terminal now:
fastboot oem idme bootmode 5002
- Once your device is rebooted and is again on recovery screen, enter the following commands
adb shell mount systemadb push su /system/xbin/suadb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/suadb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
- Now, now you need to disable root check. To do so, enter the following commands
adb shell mv /system/bin/check_rooted /system/bin/check_rooted.bakadb shell idme bootmode 4000adb reboot
- Now, Install the SuperUser application on your Kindle fire by entering the following commands in the terminal window.
adb install Superuser.apk