Yet another Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 that will really enhance your Android Ice Cream Sandwich experience. The ROM today we’re writing about has been created by the well known developer named “indie” at XDA. The Omega V4.0 ROM is based on the XXALEF Kernel and comes with CWM 126.96.36.199, force close issues have been fixed, option to remove over 47 applications from the Galaxy S3 which makes a total of 171 MB free on your device. Let’s read on to know more about the features, installation procedure of the Omega V4.0 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone.
Note: Your mobile phone should be rooted in order to install the Omega V4.0 ROM, and remember the warranty will be void upon rooting of the device. But, the warranty can be retained by installing the Stock firmware from Samsung. Read How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3.
Features of the Omega V4.0 Custom ROM for Galaxy S3
- XXALEF Kernel & CWM 188.8.131.52 based,
- CWM Manager is preloaded,
- Option to remove 47 apks which makes a free space of 171 MB,
- All add on apps of Omega custom ROM firmware can be removed,
- Fixes issues related to GPS,
- Latest Google PLAY Store 3.5.19,
- Updated Flipboard app,
- Google Maps & Gmail has been updated,
- Battery indication is in %age,
- Ad block plus comes pre-installed,
- Silent camera,
- Street View on Google Maps, Convert Pad and Hide it Pro app comes pre-loaded
- Issues with Low light sensitivity pertaining to camera app has been fixed,
- Force close issues with some particular app has been addressed
- Removed apps like S memo (Replaced by Color Note) and also Boot sound, Plug in charger sound & Shutdown Animation have been disabled.
Disclaimer (Android Quark)
The Update process listed here on Android Quark has been written by our writers and the procedure has been grabbed from development forums such as XDA, CM and others. We take no responsibility if your device gets bricked upon the installation of the ROM. Bricking of the device is a very unlike event if you will follow the mentioned steps carefully. Read all the pre-requisites and the procedure to flash the ROM.
Before Installing Omega V4.0 ROM on Galaxy S3
- The Steps listed here are for the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Make a backup of your ROM with Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Backup all of your SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, APN Settings, and necessary applications (using Astro File Manger).
- Make sure that your device is fully charged.
- Uninstall Kies from your Computer and disable you antivirus because they can clutter in between the process of flashing.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device, To Enable Go To Settings >> Applications >> Development and check whether USB Debugging is checked or not.
- Device drivers should be installed on your computer.
How To Install Omega V4.0 ROM on Galaxy S3
- Download the Omega ROM from the download link.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off the mobile phone now and reboot into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power Button as soon as the screen turn on, release the buttons.
- Now, in the recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset” after that “wipe cache partition” and confirm both. Then, go back to the main recovery screen and select “reboot system now”.
- Head to “install zip from sdcard” followed by “choose zip from sdcard” then select the file that you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Once you have selected the file, the installation will start and soon it would be complete.
- Now, head back to the main recovery screen and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the Omega V4.0 ROM on Galaxy S3. Do let us know if you face any problems while installing the same.
Filed in: Galaxy S3