HTC Droid Incredible 2 is nothing sort of an excellent phone. After all, it already have the Android 4.0 in it. But, nothing is perfect in the world. That is the reason we are installing Android 4.0.3 on HTC Droid Incredible i.e. an ICS Update. First of all, it is not an official update. And it is for those who love new things. The article will be covering the process to install the CyanogenMod 9 on Droid Incredible.
Disclaimer (Android Quark)
All Updates and Rooting Processes listed on AndroidQuark.com are written by our writers and we haven’t tried the same on our devices. Chances are there for your device getting bricked upon flashing of the ROM which is an very unlike event if you follow the process listed, in the correct way. Proceed at your own risk.
- The Steps listed here are for the Original HTC Droid Incredible 2. The Update should not be applied to network locked devices or any other variants of the device if any.
- Make a backup of your ROM with Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- It is necessary that your device is rooted and CWM Recovery installed (or atleast it should be having Custom Recovery Installed).
- Backup all of your SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, APN Settings, and necessary applications (using Astro File Manger).
- Make sure that your device is fully charged.
- Uninstall Kies from your Computer and disable you antivirus because they can clutter in between the process of flashing.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device, To Enable Go To Settings >> Applications >> Development and check whether USB Debugging is checked or not.
How To Install Android 4.0.3 on Droid Incredible 2
- Download this Cyanogen Mod package and the Google Apps Pack.
- Connect your HTC Droid Incredible 2 to your PC . Now transfer the files to the root of your SD Card.
- Disconnect your Mobile phone from your PC and now reboot your device into recovery mode. To do so, Press and hold Volume down, power button for few seconds and you will see recovery mode screen.
- In recovery mode, choose ‘install zip from SD card’ then “choose zip from sdcard” and now find the file which you had transferred to the device earlier.
- After flashing the CM9 ROM, Install the Gapps package.
- After that, your HTC droid Incredible 2 will return to the recovery screen.
- Now, select ++Go Back++ and select ‘reboot system now‘ to restart.
- Give it some time and your phone will boot into normal mode.
You will experience the Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC Droid Incredible 2. We will be waiting to hear from you about any problems that might occur. Have fun!
About the Author (Author Profile)I am a Fandroid and I love writing about the latest Android Updates. Besides this, I love to develop new things and doing SEO for Blogs. Being the co-editor of Android Quark, I will provide you with the best and the latest updates.
Sites That Link to this Post
- HTC One X Based Sense 4.0 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android ICS | March 27, 2012